EcoNetwork and its affiliated community groups are all run by volunteers. Would you like to get involved and …
- help restore our dune systems
- learn about our marine environment
- protect our wetlands
- plant or save koala habitat
- attract bees to your garden
- contribute to local planning policies
- set up a sustainable neighbourhood … and more!
Pictures for our website and e-newsletter
Do you enjoy taking photographs of our beautiful Port Stephens landscapes, plants and wildlife? Would you like to share them on our website and in EcoUpdate?
We also need someone to help with sourcing images for specific articles. For more info, contact Ewa at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tomaree Ratepayers and Residents Association (TRRA) needs volunteers in the following roles:
- to assist with writing and releasing media statements on current issues.
- to manage content and updates on the TRRA website.
For more information, please contact email@example.com
Do you have experience or interest in planning issues? Why not join TRRAs planning team. Volunteers currently needed to help the team to:
- monitor local development proposals
- assist with submissions
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Hunter Botanic Gardens are looking for volunteers
The Hunter Botanic Gardens are a valuable community asset and if you’re interested in plants and good company, please consider joining their volunteer team. Here are some jobs they need help with:
- Join a gardening team in one of the theme gardens
- Help out in the conservation area
- Propagate plants in the nursery
- Take visitors on guided tours
- Help out in the Kookaburra Café
- Assist with admin in the office
- Maintain the pathways and equipment.
Days and hours are flexible. Please call the office on 4987 1655 or email email@example.com
Friends of Tomaree National Park working bees
FoTNP carry out regular bush regeneration including:
- helping to manage significant weeds
- supporting threatened species work
- undertaking wildlife surveys
- caring for special plantings.
- And we like to enjoy ourselves!
Join Sue and the North Tomaree team on the 1st Tuesday, 2nd Saturday and/or the 3rd Thursday each month. Or at Fishermans Bay with Josephine on the 1st Saturday or 3rd Tuesday each month.
Please contact Sue or Josephine at firstname.lastname@example.org to get involved or for more information.