This policy deals how we, EcoNetwork Port Stephens, manage your privacy in relation to any information we gather about you and the way we use it.
- Our name is EcoNetwork Port Stephens (ABN 37 485 367 667)
- We are a not-for-profit organisation incorporated under the NSW Associations Incorporation Act 2009 (Incorporation Number Y1820630).
- Our postal address is PO Box 97 Nelson Bay NSW 2315
- You can contact us by email at email@example.com
Where this policy refers to EcoNetwork Port Stephens, it includes office bearers, volunteers, staff, contractors, individuals and partner organisations we engage with as part of running the organisation who operate under this policy. Third parties are individuals and organisations who are not operating under this policy.
What is Personal Information and what do we collect?
Personal Information is defined in the Privacy Act is information or an opinion that identifies an individual.
The Personal Information we collect includes things like:
- names, addresses, email addresses, phone numbers etc of EcoNetwork members, EcoNetwork affiliates and their designated contacts that we use to provide members services and to comply with the law;
- your email address if you are subscribed to our EcoUpdate newsletter so we can keep you up to date on our activities;
- details such as names, addresses, email addresses, phone number you provide to us either through communication with our volunteers or through our website and social media platforms, or that you make publicly available. We use this to respond to your enquiries and/or in other communication with you.
We do not share your personal information with third parties other than for the explicitly stated purposes in this policy, and will never sell or share personal information with third parties or use it in any way beyond the purpose of accomplishing our non-profit objectives.
Personal information related to the running of EcoNetwork Port Stephens is retained by us as required by the NSW Associations Incorporation Act 2009 and its associated regulations, and any other legislation under which we operate.
Sensitive information is defined in the Privacy Act to include information or opinion about such things as an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious or philosophical beliefs, membership of a trade union or other professional body, criminal record or health information.
We do not gather or store any Sensitive Information unless specifically provided by you for a secondary purpose. Examples of this may include things like:
- if you provide us with dietary requirement associated with your religious beliefs or health condition when attending an activity; or
- if we require you to provide your ‘Working With Children’ details as a requirement to be part of one of our events; or
- if you voluntarily advise us of a medical condition so we can help ensure your safety under particular circumstances.
We restrict access to sensitive information on a need-to-know basis.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Your Personal Information may be disclosed in a number of circumstances including the following:
- to Third parties where you consent to the use or disclosure; or
- where required or authorised by law; or
- where we share information with specific third parties about your use of our website or social media services to assist in prevention of fraud, spam and malicious actions and to improve your user experience.
Security of Personal Information
Your Personal Information is stored in a manner that reasonably protects it from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
We ask that you do not share with us any information that you believe could contribute to a risk to yourself or anyone else.
Access to your Personal Information
You may access the Personal Information we hold about you and to update and/or correct it, subject to certain exceptions. If you wish to access your Personal Information, please contact us at our mailing address or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
EcoNetwork Port Stephens will not charge any fee for your access request, but may charge an administrative fee for providing a copy of your Personal Information.
In order to protect your Personal Information we may require identification from you before releasing the requested information and we will not transmit it electronically.
Maintaining the quality of your Personal Information
It is an important to us that your Personal Information is up to date. We will take reasonable steps to make sure that your Personal Information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you find that the information we have is not up to date or is inaccurate, please advise us as soon as practicable so we can update our records and ensure we can continue to provide quality services to you.
Our third party service providers
As part of your interaction through our website, including web-based forms, we may collect certain information to enable us to use third party services to identify fraud, spam and malicious actions. We capture and send that information to third party service providers only to enable them to provide those services.
The providers we use are
- Google for their reCAPTCHA fraud and abuse protection services
- Automattic for their Akismet spam control services
Please refer to their websites for details of their policies and how they store and use this information.
- Automattic Privacy Notice for Visitors to Our Users’ Sites.
The information we provide to them includes things such as your IP address, your browser user agent string etc, as well as any content you send us via one of our online forms.
Apart from any information you explicitly send us via web-forms we do not store the information we exchange with them beyond those specific interactions.
Monitoring website use
We monitor and store general information about browser interactions with our website including things like page visit counts etc to help us understand and improve the content on our website. This process does not record any Personal Information.
We may also from time to time make use of Google Analytics and Google Ads services to better understand what is of interest to our website visitors and to better of promote our activities.
These services may use tracking services and techniques such as cookies as part of the monitoring process. Information about how Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps can be found here.
You can opt-out of these tracking services if you choose to do so.
We store email addresses of individuals and organisations for the purposes of sending out our regular online EcoUpdate newsletter.
These email addresses are gathered either through your direct subscription, through publicly available email addresses, or through your information you provide us as part of your involvement with EcoNetwork, and at our activities and events.
We may also store your name and organisation if you have have provided it.
You have the right to ask us to update or remove your email from our lists, either via the online sign-up form, unsubscribe links or by contacting email@example.com.
Embedded external content from other websites
Certain articles on EcoNetwork Port Stephens website and social media platforms may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.), including from third party websites. Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
EcoNetwork Port Stephens has no access to or control of that data.
Last updated: 24 June 2022